At RDM Campus technical education, research centres and companies collaborate on sustainable innovations needed for the Rotterdam economy. In innovation teams and communities of practice students, teachers, professors and entrepreneurs together address concrete practical questions in the field of construction, mobility, product design, maritime and maintenance. The professionals and entrepreneurs of the future are thus trained in practice. RDM Campus is a collaboration between the Albeda College, Rotterdam University (of Applied Sciences) and the Port of Rotterdam Authority. Their ambition is to make RDM Campus the innovation centre for the manufacturing industry of Rotterdam.
RDM Campus is:
- a new purpose for a historical industrial location: shipyard and buildings of the 'Rotterdamsche Droogdok Maatschappij' (Rotterdam Dry Dock Company). The abbreviation RDM now stands for: Research, Design & Manufacturing;
- a cooperative venture between Albeda College, Rotterdam University and the Port of Rotterdam Authority;
- situated in Heijplaat, centrally located in the city ports area of Rotterdam, easily accessible, with transportation to the city centre by fast ferry Aqualiner;
- Innovation Dock - a monumental industrial hall of 23,000m2, ‘Droogdok' (Dry Dock) - the former head office of the RDM - and ‘Dokhaven' (the Dock);
- a place where students, research centres and companies collaborate in an open environment and focus on new economic activity and sustainable and innovative solutions in the building, mobility, product design, maritime and maintenance markets;
- a location for education: intermediate and higher vocational education under the same roof, with plenty of space for experiment and for practical research;
- a location for research: two research centres of Rotterdam University focus on sustainability and mainport issues;
- a location for business: accommodation for the innovative and creative manufacturing industry;
- a location for events: accommodation for meetings and conferences.
|Video||This video (made for the European Regional Development Fund, by which RDM Innovation Dock is co-financed) with English voice-over gives you a good introduction to RDM Campus.|
| || ||Brochure RDM Campus |
General brochure about:
- Research, Design & Manufacturing
- The partners of RDM Campus
- Education, Business and Events on RDM Campus
- The history of the 'Rotterdamsche Droogdok Maatschappij'
- The locations of RDM Campus
| || ||Brochure RDM Campus Rotterdam|
Brochure explaining the contribution of RDM Campus to the port and city of Rotterdam through research, design and manufacturing.
| || ||Booklet RDM Campus|
Location, history, redevelopment, education, business, work in progress, events & networking and results of RDM Campus.
| || ||Brochure Innovation Teams|
At RDM Campus, knowledge institutes and companies are working together in innovation teams that consist of lecturers and students from one or more educational programmes and company employees.
| || ||Brochure Research Centre Sustainable Solutions RDM|
Sustainable Solutions RDM is Rotterdam University's research centre for sustainable innovation. The centre carries out research to obtain the knowledge, solutions and strategies needed to make Rotterdam an energy-neutral, climate-robust, liveable and attractive delta city.
| || ||Brochure Concept House Village|
The object of Concept House Village is to function as a ‘living lab' so that we can test sustainable living concepts in various kinds of prototype housing.
| || ||Brochure Aqua Dock|
Aqua Dock is an experimental platform for testing, demonstrating and designing innovative floating buildings. The focus is on showing off and developing new techniques, products and prototypes.
|Documents ||For more information about RDM Campus in English, you can also read:|
|Contact ||You can contact us by e-mail or telephone: firstname.lastname@example.org / +31 (0)10 794 9223. |
- Car: on ring road Rotterdam Zuid (South, A15) take exit 18: Heijplaat. At the top of the exit, follow the signs for Heijplaat / Havens (port numbers) 2250-2750. Keep following the signs for Heijplaat (and port number 2600), but don't turn left at 'exit' Heijplaat (this is the village). Follow the road to the right instead and immediately after the next sharp turn to the right, Parking A is on your left. The entrance to the RDM-terrain is left after about 200 meters (Haven / port number 2600). Driving parallel to the water front, the long building on the left is Droogdok. The large building at the far corner of the dock is Innovation Dock. Parking C and D are behind this building.
- Bus: from underground station Zuidplein RET-buses 68 and 71 go to Heijplaat/RDM.
- Fast ferry: from Willemskade and Jobshaven the Aqualiner sails to RDM Campus.
- Water taxi: a taxi boat service in Rotterdam.